Our clients include Norwegian and foreign shipowners, charterers, managers, brokers, insurance companies, asset managers, financial institutions, shipyards and other players in the shipping industry.
We provide the highest quality advice and legal expertise in combination with extensive knowledge of the industry. We have a strong practice in maritime dispute resolution, transactions and contractual assistance to the shipping industry.
We assist in all specialist areas of maritime law, ranging from purely private law disciplines such as charterparties and other maritime contract law, maritime casualties and maritime insurance, to public law issues such as pollution liability and sanctions law. We litigate cases before the ordinary courts and in arbitration. Our extensive international network of contacts also enables us to assist our clients with litigation assignments outside of Norway.
Kvale's shipping team is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year if immediate assistance is required in connection with maritime casualties and other maritime accidents.
Maritime emergency: +47 22 47 97 80
Our services include:
- Anti-corruption and sanctions-related compliance.
- Emergency response planning.
- Construction, repair, conversion and other shipyard contracts.
- Charterparties and other agreements for the use and operation of ships.
- Operation and management of ships.
- Financing and sale/leaseback transactions.
- Assistance with maritime casualties.
- Organisation of shipping activities, including restructuring.
- Pool agreements and other types of joint venture agreements.
- Project and negotiation assistance.
- Marine insurance.
- Dispute resolution