We assist various stakeholders that are impacted when a company experiences financial problems, and manage a wide range of issues.
Kvale continuously deals with a significant number of bankruptcy estates and reconstructions, including in relation to large national and international companies. Several of our lawyers are regularly appointed as bankruptcy and restructuring administrators.
Our team applies a commercial approach to the cases they take on, based on specialist expertise within the field. The lawyers on the team have extensive experience in how judicial and extrajudicial proceedings function in practice and the actions of the various players. This is partly due to their administration of bankruptcy estates and reconstructions, and partly through assistance to companies, directors, auditors, shareholders, employees, banks and other secured and unsecured creditors.
Kvale's lawyers are involved in legal developments in this field through their membership on the Norwegian Advisory Council on Bankruptcy and reference group for the proposed new, temporary Restructuring Act that was adopted in May 2020.
Our services include:
- Assignments as administrators in bankruptcy estates throughout Norway.
- Assignments as restructuring administrators.
- Assistance to stakeholders facing reconstruction or bankruptcy.
- Negotiations with and between creditors.
- Purchase and sale of insolvent enterprises both inside and outside of bankruptcy.
- Advice to owners, boards and management when faced with financial challenges.
- Reorganisation and downsizing.
- Investigations of insolvent enterprises.
- Insolvency-related legal processes, for example, avoidance and director’s liability.
- Collection of claims, including enforcement.
- Tactical and practical assistance to banks in special engagement cases.
- Financial restructuring.
- Arbitrator assignments.