We assist with the purchase and sale of companies that are “in the red”, have unmet capital requirements, or are illiquid or insolvent. A feature of this type of transaction is that the seller/target company is pressured for time as a result of an urgent need for liquidity, defaulted debt and/or lost equity.
Our specialist expertise within restructuring, insolvency and industrial M&A enables us to provide fast, assured and efficient assistance within Distressed M&A.
We help identify and mitigate risk, and "tailor" the risk trade-off between buyer and seller in a distressed M&A situation.
Our services include:
- review and analysis of the target company from a solvency/insolvency perspective,
- targeted company review/DD, including transaction history, debt repayments, renegotiated agreements and terms, company decisions, transactions with related parties,
- analysis and assessment of future financing and working capital,
- managing suppliers, customers and employees,
- choice of transaction form,
- negotiating and preparing transaction documentation.