Our clients include large international pharmaceutical companies, suppliers of medical equipment, pharmaceutical wholesalers, pharmacies, biotech companies and suppliers of foodstuffs for humans and animals.
Life Science/Healthcare is an industry that is subject to far-reaching government regulation of all business activities - from R&D and distribution to the marketing and sale of products. The legal challenges the industry faces are often unique and complex, and constantly changing. The regulations for enterprises in the field of life science are extensive at both EU/EEA and national level. Knowledge of the market, industry and stakeholders is therefore crucial.
Our life science team is composed of highly ranked lawyers proficient in various areas of law who collectively have the necessary expertise to provide legal and strategic advice to players in the industry. Our team has extensive industry experience and expertise relating to the legal issues that are of particular importance to the industry.
Among other things, we advise on matters relating to intellectual property rights, marketing law, competition law, public procurements, regulatory matters, market access, distribution, licensing, R&D, privacy and data protection and general corporate law matters, as well as acquisitions and sales.
Our services include:
- Disputes relating to intellectual property rights, including patents and supplementary protection certificates (SPC).
- Regulatory issues, including issues relating to marketing authorisation, the substitution scheme, prices and refunds, including reference price.
- Preparation and negotiation of agreements, including agreements for clinical trials, R&D and joint venture agreements.
- Competition law issues.
- Public procurements involving pharmaceuticals and medical equipment.
- Issues relating to marketing, including Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry in Norway (LMI) rules.
- Issues relating to privacy and data protection law.