Our clients include leading Norwegian renewable energy companies, including developers, producers and grid companies, as well as Norwegian and international companies that invest in the energy industry.
Our team has extensive experience in providing legal services relating to sources of renewable energy, and several of our lawyers also have experience as in-house lawyers with leading industry players and from the public sector.
Our legal assistance relates to the production, distribution and sale of renewable energy, as well as the acquisition and restructuring of companies. We assist with both public law and private law matters, and both during the planning and operational phases.
Our services include:
- Licences and regulatory frameworks for energy production, including matters relating to the Energy Act, Waterfall Rights Act, Regulation of Waterways Act and Water Resources Act.
- Contracts for acquisition/lease of waterfalls and other basic rights.
- Frameworks for grid operations and energy trading, including in compliance with the Energy Act, Control Regulations and Settlement Regulations.
- Financing, including project financing.
- Investments and project development in wind power,hydropower, district heating and power grids.
- Energy trading.
- Issue and sale of electricity certificates.
- Transactions and restructuring of ownership, including share purchase agreements, shareholder agreements, transfers of undertakings and other transaction agreements.
- The importance of impending EU regulations to the energy industry.
- Construction, including development agreements.
- Negotiations and litigation.
- Energy taxation.