Jens Brede is the Head of the oil and gas section.
He has since 1988 worked with legal issues related to all segments of the oil and gas industry, specializing in contractual law issues, especially within the areas of construction contracts, transportation contracts, gas sales contracts, license contracts and service contracts. He has also experience from insurance cases related to the oil and gas business.
Brede has wide experience as a negotiator and counsel in legal proceedings. Since he started Kvale Advokatfirma together with Anders Kvale in 1988 he has continuously acted as a counsel for Statoil ASA. Brede is also regularly appointed as arbitrator in commercial arbitrations.
Norwegian and English
Legal 500 EMEA
- Offshore Construction and Shipbuilding: leading individual
- Dispute Resolution: Recommended lawyer
- Oil and Gas: Recommended lawyer
Chambers & Partners Europe and Global
- Dispute Resolution: Recommended lawyer, band 1
- Energy & Natural Resources: Recommended lawyer, band 1
"He is a brilliant lawyer when it comes to litigation, especially litigation in development contracts and rig disputes. Besides being just a brilliant lawyer, he also understands the business and technicalities." - Chambers and Partners (2017)
- 1992 –
- Partner, Kvale
- 1988 – 1992
- Partner, Kvale & Brede
- 1986 – 1988
- Associate, Wikborg, Rein & Co
- 1984 – 1986
- Assistant judge, Lofoten District Court
- 1983 – 1984
- Research assistant, Department of Criminal Law, University of Oslo
- Cand. jur., University of Oslo