Kvale has one of the largest and most recognized restructuring and insolvency departments in Norway, and is top rated in national and international rankings. We regularly advise financial institutions in problem cases, including in inter creditor negotiations and in assessing the bank's position and risk when their customer encounters economic problems. Kvale draft refinancing loan documentation, security and guarantee documentation and inter creditor agreements, and we also assist with collection of claims and enforcement of security interests.
Kvale's lawyers are often appointed as administrators of bankruptcy proceedings or debt settlement proceedings in complicated national and international insolvency cases, and are continuingly handling a substantial numbers of companies in liquidation of which several are the largest in Norway. Kvale's lawyers are also appointed as administrators of public administration of an estate.
Within restructuring and refinancing we assist the board of directors and the administration with finding different measures and instruments that could contribute to rescuing the enterprise, including refinancing options, restructuring options and either out of court or judicial creditor negotiations. We also give tactical advise in relation to generation changes, both in Norwegian and international company groups.
Kvale leads private and public investigations, and can offer a confidential and anonymous whistleblower reporting service. Read more about our whistleblower reporting service here.
Our advice includes:
- Refinancing, including refinancing and security documentation
- Out of court creditor negotiations and restructuring
- Judicial debt restructure proceedings/bankruptcy protection
- Legal advice and court proceedings related to directors' liability claims
- Assistance in problem cases in financial institutions, including negotiations, drafting work and due diligence of the bank's security and credit documentation to assess their risk and position
- Different issues and documentation related to security interests and guarantees, including enforcement, bankruptcies and restructuring proceedings/creditor negotiations
- Advanced debt collection
- International insolvency issues
- Appointments as administrators of bankruptcy estates and judicial debt restructuring proceedings
- Generation change, including issues concerning the law of wills and succession, tax law and company law
- Investigation and whistleblower reporting service
- Chambers Global Practice Guide, Insolvency (2016): article on topical issues related to insolvency, published by Chambers and Partners
- The Restructuring Review, Edition 9 (2016): article on restructuring accoriding to Norwegian law, published by Law Business Research Ltd
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Corporate Review & Insolvency (2016): Article on restructuring and bankruptcy according to Norwegian law, published by Global Legal Group Ltd.
- The Restructuring Review, Edition 8 (2015): Article on restructuring according to Norwegian law, published by Law Business Research Ltd.
- Kreditorenes beslagsrett i depositum innbetalt til meglerens klientkonto, Eiendomsmegleren nr. 10 2010
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Corporate Review & Insolvency (2015): Article on restructuring and bankruptcy according to Norwegian law, published by Global Legal Group Ltd.
- The International Insolvency Review (2014): Article on restructuring and bankruptcy according to Norwegian law, published by Law Business Research Ltd.
- Expert Guide - Bankruptcy & Restructuring (2014): Article on how debt can be secured in assets in Norway, published by Legal Media Group.
- The Restructuring Review (2014): Article on restructuring according to Norwegian law, published by Law Business Research Ltd.
- Insolvency & Corporate Reorganisation Survey (2014): Article on restructuring and bankruptcy according to Norwegian law, published by International Financial Law Review (IFLR)