Kvale’s experienced lawyers regularly assist financial institutions and borrowers with national and international finance documentation, regulatory issues and other matters relating to banking and finance. Our clients include leading Norwegian banks and foreign banks operating in the Norwegian market, as well as savings banks, financial leasing companies and debt-recovery companies.
With one of Norway’s largest teams of specialists in insolvency and restructuring, we possess expert knowledge in assisting financial institutions and borrowers in distressed cases, including refinancing and intercreditor negotitations.
We have an extensive practice in insurance matters, and we frequently assist Norwegian and international insurance companies in liability cases and claims, including representation in litigation.
We advice on:
- Credit security (mortgages, surety, etc.)
- Intercreditor agreements
- Regulatory issues
- Establishing international businesses in Norway
- Advisory services to financial institutions in debt-recovery cases
- Liability cases and claims
- Assistance for debt-recovery companies (formation, regulatory issues, etc.)