Competition law safeguards and sets limits for how businesses can behave on the market. Certain acquisitions and mergers must additionally be notified to the competition authorities. The competition regulations, regulations on public procurements and other EU/EEA regulations are now of major significance within almost all industries, both for Norwegian and international enterprises.
Kvale has a strong team, with sound expertise and broad experience in all types of competition law assignments, public procurements and general EU/EEA law.
“The lawyers are very good at understanding all the dynamics, very able to communicate and transfer into very concrete advice in specific situations.” (Chambers Europe 2015 Competition/Antitrust – Norway)
We assist with:
- Assistance with competition law in connection with acquisitions and mergers, including the preparation of competition notifications and following up with competition authorities
- Preparation and quality-assurance of various distribution and cooperation agreements to ensure that they are in accordance with the competition regulations
- Investigations and checks by the competition authorities
- Assessment of actions/market behaviour that may contravene the prohibition on abusing dominant positions
- Establishing compliance programmes
- Legal cases relating to violation of the competition regulations, including compensation cases subsequent to sanctions imposed by the competition authorities
- Advice to suppliers and clients in connection with public procurements
- Cases concerning the EEA agreement’s rules on public support
- Determining whether regulations and arrangements are in accordance with the EEA agreement’s rules on the free movement of goods, services, persons and capital