Tax is a key area for all businesses operating in Norway, and the consequences of breaching the regulations can be significant.
Our skilled lawyers have extensive expertise within tax and accounting matters, and can draw on valuable experience from the Norwegian Tax Administration. Kvale’s tax group works closely with our other departments, such as real estate and corporate M&A.
The main focus is on business taxation and capital taxation, VAT, and special tax regimes in the petroleum, energy and shipping industries.
In addition to providing ongoing tax advisory services to our clients, we also provide assistance in connection with audits, filing of complaints and legal proceedings in tax cases.
We assist with:
- Norwegian and international business taxation and capital taxation
- Tax structuring in connection with acquisitions and mergers
- Optimisation of transactions and restructuring
- Establishing companies internationally
- Transfer pricing
- Personal taxation, including structuring of incentive schemes
- Changes of ownership in family-owned businesses
- Value Added Tax