Public-sector purchases of goods and services amount to approximately NOK 480 billion a year. The majority of purchases must comply with a fixed procedural framework based on both EU law and Norwegian procurement legislation. Kvale’s focus on the public procurement field in recent years has given it considerable expertise in this area.
Kvale advises both purchasers and suppliers, and is thus highly familiar with the perspectives and interests of both sides. Although the firm serves a wide range of clients, the majority of its assignments relate to the healthcare and pharmaceuticals, energy, ICT, transport, real estate and construction industries.
Kvale advises on all aspects of the procurement process.
We assist purchasers with, for example:
- Developing general contract and procurement strategies and tender documentation, including the formulation of appropriate, precise qualification requirements and award criteria
- Assessing grounds for rejecting a bid/cancelling a competition
- Quality-assuring the evaluation process
- Appeals and dispute-handling
We assist suppliers with such matters as:
- Reviewing tender documentation and framing questions to the potential customer
- Quality-assuring bids
- Appeals and legal proceedings